When is Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen taking place? Thursday 2nd May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen taking place? The Manchester Arena
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Daryl Gurney 4-18 Michael van Gerwen (1 draw)
Previous meeting: Daryl Gurney 7-5 Michael van Gerwen
- Daryl Gurney kept himself in contention for a top-four finish by defeating Peter Wright last Thursday night in Birmingham. Sixth-placed Gurney is only a point behind James Wade, Gerwyn Price and Mensur Suljovic who occupy the three places above him in the table.
- He recovered from a slow start against Wright where he trailed 2-0 whilst averaging 82. Two ton-plus finishes during a sequence of winning three consecutive legs put Gurney right back into the contest, and with the match level at 4-4, the Northern Irishman won four consecutive legs which included two 12-darters against the throw.
- Gurney will be seeking his third consecutive win against Van Gerwen, having defeated the Dutchman in Berlin during night seven of the 2019 Premier League. He also defeated MVG to win the Players Championship finals last November.
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- League leader Michael van Gerwen is unbeaten during his last six Premier League matches, with his last defeat in the competition coming on night seven against Daryl Gurney in Berlin. Since then, he has won four times and drawn twice.
- Last week against James Wade he had to come from behind to salvage a point with his opponent leading 7-5 and having the throw in the 13th leg of the match. MVG showed his class with a 12-dart break of throw to take the game into a final leg which he duly won to maintain a one-point lead at the top of the table ahead of Rob Cross. His average of 106.78 was his third highest of the 2019 Premier League season.
- The world number one captured his third European tour title of the season – and second in consecutive weekends – when he won the German Darts Open on Sunday. Van Gerwen recorded four consecutive ton-plus averages on his way to winning the title though he did also have to win three last-leg deciders and survive five match darts during the tournament.
Michael van Gerwen will be targeting revenge against an opponent who has beaten him in each of their last two meetings. Having enjoyed success against Van Gerwen in those matches, Gurney will have no fear about facing the world number one but he faces a very tough task to complete a third consecutive win against the dominant Dutchman. MVG claimed yet another tournament win at the weekend so comes into this match brimming with confidence and with three averages of over 106 during his last three Premier League matches, he is in much better form than when he faced Gurney back on night seven in Berlin. Van Gerwen is tipped to take two points in a high-scoring tussle.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page