When is Daryl Gurney vs Glen Durrant taking place? Thursday 14th February– 19:00 (UK)
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Glen Durrant taking place? The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Glen Durrant on? Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Glen Durrant? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Glen Durrant? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: No previous meetings
Previous meeting: No previous meetings
- Daryl Gurney lost 7-4 to Gerwyn Price on night one in Newcastle. Superchin broke the Price throw in the opening leg of the match and led 2-0 before the Welshman took control of the game, winning five legs in a row to establish a 5-2 lead which he never let slip. Gurney has now lost each of his last three matches on the TV stage.
- Although it wasn’t a poor performance from Gurney (he averaged just under 99), his scoring was certainly below par. He failed to hit a single 180 during the match, which was a big surprise especially as he topped the 180 charts during the league phase of the 2018 Premier League.
- Gurney recorded back to back averages of 104.8 and 103.7 in reaching the last 32 of the Players Championship event played on Sunday, where he went on to lose to Premier League ‘contender’ Chris Dobey. In the tournament on Saturday he lost in the last 32 to another Premier League ‘contender’ in Jeffrey de Zwaan.
- Three-time Lakeside world champion Glen Durrant is set to make his first appearance on a Premier League stage having only just won his PDC tour card last month. With Gary Anderson having withdrawn from the competition, Durrant was one of nine players picked to feature in his place.
- Durrant has featured in major PDC TV tournaments in each of the last two years when he participated in the Grand Slam of Darts – he reached the quarter-finals in 2017 but failed to get past the group stage in 2018.
- On Sunday, in only his second tournament as a PDC tour card holder, Durrant reached the final of a Players Championship tournament where he lost a dramatic final 8-7 to Dave Chisnall. On his way to the final, Duzza defeated the likes of Peter Wright, Joe Cullen and John Henderson.
There is sure to be a lot of attention on this match as three-time Lakeside world champion Glen Durrant takes to the stage having only recently switched across to the PDC. Durrant has undoubted quality having been the best player on the BDO circuit over the last few years, and he certainly seems to have settled in to life in the PDC having made a final in only his second tournament.
Durrant comes up against a two-time PDC major winner in Daryl Gurney who is seeking a win after opening with a defeat last week. Gurney had a good debut season in the Premier League last year and as was shown when he defeated Van Gerwen to win the 2018 Players Championship Finals last November, he can beat the very best on the big stages. Expect Gurney to be better on the maximum hitting than he was last week and with Durrant well capable of throwing big scores, we could have both players averaging around the 100 mark. It should be a very enjoyable encounter which might just be edged by Duzza.