When is Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 9th May – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price taking place? The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Mix
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price? https://www.pdc.tv/unibet-premier-league-tickets
All-time meetings: Daryl Gurney 2-8 Gerwyn Price (1 draw)
Previous meeting: Daryl Gurney 7-2 Gerwyn Price
- Daryl Gurney defeated world number one Michael van Gerwen 8-5 last Thursday night in Manchester to keep alive his play-off aspirations. Gurney took advantage of Van Gerwen’s poorest Premier League performance of the season to make it two wins from two matches against the dominant Dutchman in the 2019 Premier League.
- He went into the match against MVG knowing that a defeat would have left him three points adrift of the top four with two matches to play, but victory ensured he is only a point behind third-placed James Wade and fourth-placed Mensur Suljovic who are level on 17 points.
- Gurney reached the semi-finals at the Austrian Darts Open last weekend where his run was brought to an end by Michael van Gerwen who exacted revenge for his Premier League defeat with a 7-3 win on his way to winning the title.
- Gerwyn Price saw a five-match unbeaten run in the Premier League end with a very disappointing 8-4 defeat against James Wade on night 14 in Manchester. Price was well below-par against Wade and finished the match with an average of 89 – his lowest average of the 2019 Premier League season.
- The defeat against Wade means that Price starts night 15 two points adrift of the top four and he realistically needs to win this match to keep alive his play-offs hopes going into the final week. A defeat against Gurney would be catastrophic for the Welshman.
- Price suffered defeat against James Wade for the second time in a matter of days when he lost to the left-hander in the quarter-finals of the Austrian Darts Open on Sunday.
This is a crucial match for both players as the league phase draws to a close with play-off places at stake. Daryl Gurney is likely to be in the better frame of mind having had the huge confidence boosting win against Michael van Gerwen last week whereas Gerwyn Price was bitterly disappointing in losing to James Wade. When they met on night one it was Price who came out on top with a 7-4 win, averaging over 104 in his best performance of the 2019 Premier League season, though he is not playing to such a high standard as he was back then and Gurney has seen his own performance level rise with only two defeats in his last nine Premier League matches. Both players are well matched and play with a competitive edge so it should make for an enthralling encounter and ultimately it would be no surprise to see this match finish in a draw.
For 2019 Premier League Darts results, fixtures, latest standings and statistics, visit our tournament page