When is Wales vs Ireland taking place? Saturday 16th March, 14:45
Where is Wales vs Ireland taking place? Principality Stadium
What is the expected weather at Wales vs Ireland? Showers throughout, 11c
What channel is Wales vs Ireland on? BBC 1
Where can I stream Wales vs Ireland? Wales vs Ireland can be streamed via the BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Wales vs Ireland? SOLD OUT
Ireland beat Wales 37-27
- Two first half tries from Josh Adams and Jonathan Davies, followed by a stellar defensive display, saw Wales defeat Scotland 18-11 to stay on course for a Grand Slam.
- Adams has now scored four tries in ten appearances as Wales and Warren Gatland extended their unbeaten record to 13, and Gatland’s personal head-to-head with Scotland to 11.
- It looks like Leigh Halfpenny will not feature for Wales with Gareth Anscombe and cover Dan Biggar performing excellently in his place, while Liam Williams is back in training and could feature against Ireland.
- Ireland looked convincing once more with a 26-14 victory over France and earned a bonus-point in the process with four tries.
- Rob Kearney, Joey Carbery and Tadhg Beirne have all returned to training and could feature but Ross Byrne has been omitted and Robbie Henshaw also remains sidelined.
- Coach Joe Schmidt has called up flanker Dan Leavy for the first time in this Six Nations campaign to replace Leinster team-mate Josh van der Flier who is ruled out with a groin injury.
This promises to be the match of the final week with both sides looking to pile the pressure on England who play in the later evening fixture. Wales’ defence has looked rock solid this campaign, and home advantage also comes into play as it it did against England, but Ireland must win to keep their title hopes alive and are still an incredibly dangerous side. However, it looks to be Wales’ year, and what this match could suffer in entertainment factor should matter little for the Welsh fans who will gladly watch their side grind out a gritty win.