When is Wales vs England taking place? Saturday 23rd February, 16:45
Where is Wales vs England taking place? Principality Stadium
What is the expected weather at Wales vs England? Cloudy with a chance of showers, 8c
What channel is Wales vs England on? BBC 1
Where can I stream Wales vs England? Wales vs England can be steamed via the BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Wales vs England? SOLD OUT
England beat Wales 12-6
- Wales played out an uncomfortable victory against Italy, winning 26-15 in Rome to equal their record of 11 successive Test wins.
- Coach Warren Gatland made ten changes, including handing Dan Biggar the No. 10 shirt for 14 points, to offer his side the greatest possible chance against England in Cardiff. Taulupe Faletau remains unavailable due to a broken arm.
- Leigh Halfpenny returns and will be available for selection for the first time since suffering a concussion against Australia in November.
- Another bonus-point victory, this time a total 44-8 domination of France at Twickenham, leaves England top of the standings with a maximum ten points; two points clear of next opponents Wales.
- England were ruthless throughout their match with France, with Jonny May’s first-half hat-trick ending the Test before Les Bleus knew what had hit them. Six tries scored in total, with a total of 17 points scored by an imperious Owen Farrell, leave England looking good for the Grand Slam.
- Head Coach Eddie Jones has some big names out for the foreseeable future in Anthony Watson, Sam Underhill and Maro Itoje, who suffered ligament damage against Ireland, while Dylan Hartley, Chris Robshaw and Jonathan Joseph are supposedly due to return in the coming weeks.
This match at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff is now the most important for Eddie Jones’ England, who have already faced their biggest test and conquered it, by beating the reigning champions Ireland on the opening weekend of the tournament. You feel that a Calcutta Cup tie against Scotland, at Twickenham in the final round, may be the perfect Grand Slam set-up, and so this last away tie in Wales is crucial. Wales are currently two points behind, having beaten both Italy and France without securing vital bonus points, but they will have the benefit of a rested squad and the home crowd. However, in this World Cup year the momentum is with England, as well as the history, as they have won both of their last two in Cardiff by a score of 21-16.