When is Sussex vs Somerset taking place? Wednesday 24th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Sussex vs Somerset taking place? The 1st Central County Ground
What is the expected weather for Sussex vs Somerset? 16-17c with cloudy spells and a 30% chance of rain later in the afternoon
What channel is Sussex vs Somerset in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sussex vs Somerset? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Sussex vs Somerset? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Sussex beat Somerset by 75 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Ben Brown
- Sussex have won both of their opening matches against Surrey and Kent but they now face another team with a 100% record in Somerset in what is becoming an extremely competitive South Group.
- They make one change to their squad for this match as Stiaan van Zyl returns to the group at the expense of Michael Burgess though coach Jason Gillespie will have to decide if he wants to tinker with the starting line-up that beat Kent by seven wickets with ten overs remaining last time out.
- Their batsmen are finding some early form and the century by Phil Salt was the highlight of their win against Kent while their bowlers are in particularly good form with all five front line bowlers keeping economy rates down and taking wickets.
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Tom Abell
- Somerset have had two contrasting wins to far as they beat Kent in their opening match by a stunning 264 runs but they edged to victory against Glamorgan last time out by two runs despite having reduced them for 21/5 at one stage.
- The bowling unit has been in superb form so far with Craig Overton taking eight wickets in his first two matches at an economy rate of 4.05 and they have four bowlers who have economy rates of under 5 which is extremely impressive.
- Tom Banton leads the way with the bat having scored a century but they will be hoping for some improvement in that department here as many of their batsmen have been getting starts but failing to convert to a bigger score which they may need here against Sussex.
There is little to choose between these two sides coming in this match where one team will lose their unbeaten record. Somerset’s bowling unit have the edge slightly with Craig Overton being the standout bowler from either team so far. On the flipside, the Sussex batting order is playing better right now with Phil Salt and Luke Wright looking in good form. The greater depth and quality to the batting line-up could swing this Sussex’s ways unless Overton can make early inroads into the line-up.