When is Sussex vs Gloucestershire taking place? Sunday 5th May, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Sussex vs Gloucestershire taking place? The Saffrons
What is the expected weather for Sussex vs Gloucestershire? 11-13c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Sussex vs Gloucestershire in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sussex vs Gloucestershire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Sussex vs Gloucestershire? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Sussex by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jason Gillespie
Captain: Ben Brown
- Sussex came within a fraction of yet another miraculous win on Thursday against Hampshire as David Wiese smashed a stunning 171 to almost chase down 355/5 but they fell just short and that came just two days after their superb one-wicket win against Essex.
- They welcome Gloucestershire to Hove knowing a win is vital as their opponents sit two points behind them and they are in the third and final play-off place so they will be keen to consolidate their position in the top spots.
- Delray Rawlins and Luke Wells have both been brought into the squad for this match as key batsmen Phil Salt has been drafted into the England T20 squad to face Pakistan so that does weaken the batting line-up to a degree.
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Chris Dent
- Gloucester have failed to win back-to-back matches in their opening six matches as they sit with three wins and just two points outside third place and their opponents in this match, so they know this game is crucial to their hopes.
- They need their bowling unit to step up after conceding 331 runs in two of their last three matches so they need the likes of Payne, Higgins and Liddle to take more wickets early on to stifle their opponents more.
- Their top order struggled with the bat against Glamorgan last time out also as they felt to 26/4 so they need to improve and all-rounder Benny Howell is as key to their hopes as anybody here as they search for a win and they will likely name an unchanged team here.
This is a crunch match in the race for the top three places as fifth-placed Gloucestershire make the trip to third-placed Sussex. Sussex have to do without a key batsmen in Phil Salt and that is compounded by already being without Chris Jordan and Jofra Archer. They still have plenty of quality in their ranks but it does even this game up to a degree. Gloucestershire cannot find any consistency so it remains to be seen which version of them turns up here. The hosts however with Mir Hamza, David Wiese and Luke Wright in fine form, are capable of edging this one to all but seal a play-off spot.