When is Surrey vs Essex taking place? Tuesday 23rd April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Surrey vs Essex taking place? Kia Oval
What is the expected weather for Surrey vs Essex? 20-22c with cloudy intervals but dry all day
What channel is Surrey vs Essex in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Surrey vs Essex? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Surrey vs Essex? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Surrey beat Essex by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Rory Burns
- Surrey find themselves facing a crucial match here after just two matches which they have lost to Gloucestershire and Sussex so this clash with Essex is a huge one even at this early stage of the tournament.
- Just as crucial for Surrey in this match is the fact that it is the penultimate game they play with their England internationals who will depart for international shortly so that makes it even more imperative here although Liam Plunkett is one man who may be dropped given the fact he has an economy rate of 9.53 having being hit for 124 runs for just one wicket in 13 overs bowled so far.
- They have added Ryan Patel and Stuart Meaker to their matchday squad for this game and with Conor McKerr, Jamie Smith and Freddie van den Bergh all waiting in the wings to come into the side, there is a chance they make a couple of changes to try spark a reaction from their team.
Coach: Anthony McGrath
Captain: Ryan ten Doeschate
- Essex have made a bright start to the Royal London One-Day Cup having won one and lost one, but there have been plenty of positives in their play so far as they come into this clash with Surrey with good confidence.
- Varun Chopra has been in outstanding form so far hitting a century in both matches and the ability to put together big individual scores has been their strength in scoring 326/7 and 328 in their two matches – something in complete contrast to their opponents here.
- Despite the loss to Middlesex and some concerns over their bowling, the likelihood is that they will name an unchanged side for this game as they prepare themselves for a potential backlash from the Surrey outfit.
Form is certainly with Essex coming into this game as their batsmen have done well in the opening two matches. Despite a star-studded batting line-up for Surrey, none of them have started well and that has been their major weakness so far. Their bowling unit has been solid enough despite Plunkett’s struggles but they need their batsmen to step up and give them more to work with. This promises to be a closely fought game, but home advantage and a real sense of urgency should see a reaction from Surrey who may just edge this one.