When is Somerset vs Surrey taking place? Tuesday 7th May, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Somerset vs Surrey taking place? The Cooper Associates County Ground
What is the expected weather for Somerset vs Surrey? 12-13c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is Somerset vs Surrey in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Somerset vs Surrey? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Somerset vs Surrey? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Somerset beat Surrey by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Jason Kerr
Captain: Tom Abell
- Somerset come into this final group stage match in third place of the South and they know a victory will give them an excellent chance of consolidating that position although they will aim to improve their net run rate to fend off Gloucestershire and Sussex who are tied with them on eight points.
- They will have to snap a run of three consecutive defeats however as Gloucestershire, Middlesex and Hampshire have beaten them after they won their first four matches so they will have to rekindle some of that form from earlier in the competition.
- They have only managed totals of 242/9, 246 and 216 in their last three matches and while they could go unchanged for this match, they desperately need some of their key batsmen to step up and give their bowlers something to work with.
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Rory Burns
- It has been a disastrous Royal London One-Day Cup campaign for Surrey who have only managed a solitary win in seven matches and they will want to salvage some pride by ending the tournament with a win here.
- After playing a key role for England in the ODI win over Ireland last Friday, Ben Foakes returns to the squad which is a major boost as he has been arguably their best batsman in the tournament to date.
- The pressure remains on the batsmen as they continue to be severely under strength in the bowling department without the Curran brothers, Rikki Clarke and Scott Borthwick right now.
Somerset are managing to throw away what was looking like a certain top three spot by losing their last three matches after winning their first four. They need a win to give them a good chance of sealing third place and they face a depleted Surrey side that has been the worst team in the South Group. Surrey have Foakes available once again but he is unlikely to make up for the absence of so many other key players. Unless their batting unit can hit 300+, they are unlikely to trouble an out-of-form Somerset side.