When is Leicestershire vs Derbyshire taking place? Wednesday 24th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Leicestershire vs Derbyshire taking place? Fischer County Ground
What is the expected weather for Leicestershire vs Derbyshire? 60-75% chance of rain from 3pm onwards which could affect play
What channel is Leicestershire vs Derbyshire in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Leicestershire vs Derbyshire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Leicestershire vs Derbyshire? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Derbyshire beat Leicestershire by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Paul Nixon
Captain: Paul Horton
- Leicestershire lost their first two matches in the Royal London One-Day Cup to Yorkshire and Durham, but they bounced back in style on Sunday as they smashed 377/4 and beat Worcestershire by 38 runs.
- Colin Ackermann was the star of the show hitting 152 not out from 143 balls while Lewis Hill smashed an unbeaten 118 from just 62 balls as their batting finally clicked into gear and they will look to build upon that now.
- Chris Wright is available after illness once again to join the squad while Ben Mike and Callum Parkinson are both in contention to play and Wright is expected to come into the side at the expense of Harry Swindells who drops out of the 13-man squad.
Coach: Dave Houghton
Captain: Billy Godleman
- A mixed start for Derbyshire so far having beaten Northants but lost to North Group leaders Notts but there have been plenty of positives for them to take so far and they will look to get back to winning ways here.
- 18-year-old Alfie Gleadall made his debut in this competition against Notts and the pace bowler took 3/43 so he could have done enough to keep his place but they remain without Ravi Rampaul who is out through illness once again and Logan van Beek is out of contention due to family reasons.
- Skipper Billy Godleman and Luis Reece shared an opening stand of 153 against Notts and they will look to continue that good form, although the only criticism that could be levelled at the team is that they are not scoring at a quick enough rate and that will need to improve.
These two midlands teams face off with just two points apiece so far and this match is a must-win match for both teams. This is Leicestershire’s fourth match and they have lost two already but they will be hoping that they can carry some momentum following their impressive win last time out. Their batting order should have too much quality for Derbyshire here. The visitors have a solid batting unit, but they lack some firepower to hit big while their bowling unit is missing a couple of players and that will give the hosts the edge here.