When is Kent vs Middlesex taking place? Tuesday 7th May, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Kent vs Middlesex taking place? The Spitfire Ground
What is the expected weather for Kent vs Middlesex? 12-13c with cloudy intervals but no rain forecast
What channel is Kent vs Middlesex in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kent vs Middlesex? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kent vs Middlesex? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Middlesex beat Kent by 70 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Matt Walker
Captain: Heino Kuhn
- It has been a hugely disappointing Royal London One-Day Cup for last season’s runners-up but Kent are playing with great pride right now and they have won their last two matches in style after not winning any of their first five games.
- A record partnership of 188 between openers Daniel Bell-Drummond and Zak Crawley led them to victory against Essex last time out and that came after another good performance by their bowling attack as their team is playing well as a whole right now.
- Given the form of the team in the last two matches played, there is every chance that they will name an unchanged side once again especially with key men Denly away with England and Billings still out injured.
Coach: Stuart Law
Captain: Stephen Eskinazi
- Middlesex have won their last two matches against Somerset and Glamorgan to move into second place with ten points but they cannot rest on their laurels and lose focus in this game as their net run rate is poor and the three teams below them could all overtake them with a victory if they do slip up.
- Despite still being without Malan, Morgan and Stirling, their batsmen have really raised their game in the last couple of matches as once again Sam Robson and Nick Gubbins produced a couple of great knocks to lead them to victory against Glamorgan.
- With Morgan, Stirling and Murtagh still on international duty and Andersson, Finn and Malan still injured, they have named an unchanged 13-man squad for this match as they aim to make it three wins in a row and qualify for the knockouts.
Both of these teams are playing good cricket right now although it is Middlesex who have it all to play for as a win will seal second place and a play-off spot. Kent will be difficult opponents though having won their last two matches and they are finally producing cricket somewhere close to their best after a disappointing start. Middlesex’s batsmen have really raised their game after losing their international players and that has been key to their good performances. Kent could well match them in all departments here however and they could edge this.