When is Gloucestershire vs Surrey taking place? Wednesday 17th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Surrey taking place? The Bristol County Ground
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Surrey? 12-17c dry and cloudy with sunny spells
What channel is Gloucestershire vs Surrey in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Surrey? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Surrey? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Surrey beat Gloucestershire by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Chris Dent
- Gloucestershire slipped to a disappointing seventh-place finish in last year’s Royal London One-Day Cup southern group, recording only two victories from eight games and losing by six wickets to Surrey, a side they haven’t beaten in this competition since the 2015 final.
- Gloucestershire started their County Championship season with a decent draw at home to a much-fancied Derbyshire team, with Gareth Roderick’s tally of 98 and Ryan Higgins’ excellent 74 runs from 104 balls giving coach Richard Dawson cautious optimism ahead of this clash with Surrey.
- Gloucestershire have again chosen a bowler as one of their overseas players with Australian pace bowler Dan Worrall returning to play for Richard Dawson’s men after competing in last year’s competition and hoping to impress ahead of this year’s World Cup,. Meanwhile, Chris Liddle returns to the bowling line-up following two consecutive years as the club’s leading wicket taker in 50-over cricket.
Coach: Michael Di Venuto
Captain: Rory Burns
- Surrey flattered to deceive in the Royal London One-Day Cup last year as they finished in fifth place, but with only one point separating themselves and second-placed Essex Eagles coach Michael Di Venuto will be confident his men can make the play-offs this time around.
- Surrey started the defence of their County Championship title with a draw against Essex in which exciting young prospect Will Jacks hit two quick-fire half centuries and his performance will have pleased Di Venuto as overseas batsman Dean Elgar will not be available for Surrey until the end of the month.
- Sam Curran is also unavailable for this clash as he is competing in the IPL while Scott Borthwick, Matt Dunn, Amar Virdi, Jade Dernbach and Jordan Clark have all been ruled out through injury but Conor McKerr, Gareth Batty and captain Roy Burns return after missing the County Championship clash with Essex.
Surrey will be looking to transfer their form from the red ball to the white, as the reigning County Champions hope to improve on their fifth-placed finish in last year’s Royal London One-Day Cup campaign. They will be confident in overcoming a Gloucestershire side that finished seventh last season and lacks the quality to match Michael Di Venuto’s side, but Gloucestershire coach Richard Dawson may be hoping to catch Surrey cold as they start this campaign without stars such as Elgar, Curran and Clark. However, the attack of Morkel, Plunkett and Dernbach should still be strong enough to ensure victory for Surrey.