When is Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan taking place? Tuesday 30th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan taking place? The Bristol County Ground
What is the expected weather for Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan? 15-17c with sunshine and cloudy intervals forecast but no rain
What channel is Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Gloucestershire vs Glamorgan? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Glamorgan by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Chris Dent
- Gloucestershire are coming off their third win in their opening five matches as they edged past Somerset in a low-scoring affair by four wickets on Sunday and the track in Bristol is likely to be another difficult one for batsmen.
- David Payne proved expensive in that match going for 64 in his nine overs but otherwise their bowling attack was exceptional with Benny Howell taking 3/45 from his ten overs as the all-rounder was given his full allocation given how well he was playing.
- Their batsmen did well adjusting to the conditions and that will surely give them an advantage for this match while an unchanged team is likely to be on the cards for Richard Dawson’s men.
Coach: Matthew Maynard
Captain: Chris Cooke
- Glamorgan finally got a win under their belts on Sunday as they beat Surrey by 64 runs and they had a century by Billy Root in addition to a quickfire fifty and four wickets from Marchant de Lange to get their first victory at the fifth attempt.
- Coach Matthew Maynard will still have concerns over his team as they lost early wickets once again and Aussie all-rounder Marnus Labuschagne struggled once again as he could only score five when opening the innings and then went wicketless.
- The likelihood is that they will name an unchanged team for this match to give the players confidence, but they will not be able to rely on the tail wagging for them once again on this track and against a decent Gloucestershire bowling attack.
A fascinating match lies in store for this derby match with Gloucestershire having made a strong start to the competition against a Glamorgan team that must win every remaining game to have a chance of the knockouts now. The track in Bristol is proving to be quite low-scoring and home advantage should certainly work in Gloucestershire’s favour whose players are used to it. With Glamorgan’s batting not exactly firing, they could well struggle here and combined with recent form, the hosts have to be favoured.