When is Essex vs Middlesex taking place? Friday 19th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Essex vs Middlesex taking place? The Cloudfm County Ground
What is the expected weather for Essex vs Middlesex? 18-20c with sunshine and cloudy spells forecast
What channel is Essex vs Middlesex in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Essex vs Middlesex? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Essex vs Middlesex? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Essex beat Middlesex by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Anthony McGrath
Captain: Ryan ten Doeschate
- Essex got their Royal London One-Day Cup campaign off to a terrific start as they hammered Glamorgan on Wednesday by 180 runs as, after smashing 326/7, they bowled the visitors out for a paltry 146 runs.
- Chopra, Westley, Lawrence and Cook were the stars with the bat making major contributions and it was Siddle and Bopara making inroads into the Glamorgan batting line-up as the balance of the team helped them put in a complete all-round performance.
- They have added batsman Rishi Patel to the squad for this match but all the signs are that they will name the same eleven for this match against rivals Middlesex who they will be desperate to beat even at this early stage.
Coach: Stuart Law
Captain: Dawid Malan
- Middlesex were disappointed not to reach the knockout phase of the tournament in 2018 and they will be hoping for a much-improved effort this year and that will mean getting off to a fast start while they have key men like Eoin Morgan at their disposal.
- They did not have a match on Wednesday so this is their first game in the competition but they have had some second eleven matches which has helped give batsmen like Gubbins and Stirling time at the crease.
- They have named a strong squad for this match with Dawid Malan leading the side and the batting looks especially strong with him, Morgan and Stirling, but they are without Steven Finn which weakens their bowling so they will rely heavily on Toby Roland-Jones and Tom Helm for wickets.
This match promises to be an exciting clash between two teams that will expect to be challenging at the top end of the South Group. Essex were outstanding on Wednesday against Glamorgan but they will expect a tougher test against Middlesex. The pitch played very well for the batsmen and that is clearly Middlesex’s strength. Runs of the board may be the secret here and if one team can post a high total, that may give them the edge. Otherwise, the home side have to be favoured based on their early season form, home advantage, and the superb balance of the team overall.