When is Essex vs Gloucestershire taking place? Tuesday 7th May, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Essex vs Gloucestershire taking place? The Cloudfm County Ground
What is the expected weather for Essex vs Gloucestershire? 12-13c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is Essex vs Gloucestershire in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Essex vs Gloucestershire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Essex vs Gloucestershire? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Essex by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Anthony McGrath
Captain: Ryan ten Doeschate
- With just two wins from their seven matches in the South Group, Essex have nothing to play for in this final match but they will be keen to get a win to carry some confidence into other formats of the game.
- Their batting has let them down to a degree in their last two matches as they have batted first and only managed to post 283/7 against Sussex and 271/9 against Kent which did not prove to be anywhere near enough in either game so they will need to score at a faster a rate here.
- They decided to rest veterans Ryan ten Doeschate and Peter Siddle for the match against Kent, but they may be tempted to bring them back in for this final game to give them a run out before the County Championship resumes.
Coach: Richard Dawson
Captain: Chris Dent
- Gloucestershire sit in fourth place in the South Group coming into this final game as they are just one of four teams vying for the final two play-off places behind Hampshire and they will need a win and potentially a big one to boost their net run rate to qualify.
- Three of their batsmen hit half centuries as they hit 335/6 against Sussex and they will look to continue that fine form with the bat as they try to overpower Essex, including more big hitting from Jack Taylor who hit a stunning unbeaten 69 from just 26 balls.
- There are no major changes to their squad for this match and there is a good chance that they go unchanged here with some of their key players like Benny Howell finding some of their best form right now.
Essex looked impressive in their opening couple of matches but it has all gone downhill since then with five defeats in their last six games. They face a Gloucestershire side that are somewhat underrated by many and while they do not have the big names, they have plenty of quality in their ranks especially in white-ball cricket. They picked up a big win last time out and with a place in the top three within their grasp, they should be able to edge past an uninspiring Essex team here.