When is Durham vs Northamptonshire taking place? Wednesday 17th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Durham vs Northamptonshire taking place? Emirates Riverside
What is the expected weather for Durham
vs Northamptonshire? 11-13c dry with sunny spells
What channel is Durham vs Northamptonshire in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Durham vs Northamptonshire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Durham
vs Northamptonshire? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Durham beat Northamptonshire by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: James Franklin
Captain: Cameron Bancroft
disappointed hugely in this competition last season when they finished bottom of the northern group with only two wins from their eight matches but one of those wins was over Northamptonshire so they will be looking to build on that victory in this encounter.
- Durham have started this season’s County Championship poorly with two defeats from two matches and coach James Franklin has bemoaned his side’s batting collapses in their 125 run loss to Derbyshire and most recently the 6 wicket defeat to Sussex.
- Big-name signing Cameron Bancroft will lead the team and keep wicket for the first two fixtures and they have big hopes for him, but they are without key pace bowler Chris Rushworth who has a side strain and will miss both games this week and that is a significant loss to a relatively young team.
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- Northamptonshire will be hoping to better last season’s eighth-place finish in the Royal London One Day Cup northern group which produced only two victories and ended with three consecutive defeats and have a perfect opportunity to make a strong start as they face a Durham side that finished bottom of the table last season and have started the County Championship season badly.
- Northamptonshire have started their County Championship season with two draws from two games leaving them fifth in the table but have produced some encouraging performances on testing wickets in particularly the 750 runs scored at Glamorgan.
- New signing Jason Holder will be expected to star for Northamptonshire with bat and ball as the hugely experienced West Indies captain joins the Steelbacks for their first 6 matches and will be looking to make an impression ahead of the World Cup while batter Josh Cobb will be hoping to continue his good recent form which saw him post 60 runs last week at Glamorgan.
Both of these sides will be eager to make a good start to their Royal London One Day Cup campaigns after disappointing seasons last year. Northampton have started the County Championship season in decent form and the addition of West Indies captain Jason Holder could prove to be a vital addition to the Northants squad, even if he did fail to claim a wicket in his debut against Glamorgan last week. Durham start their campaign on the back of two resounding defeats in the County Championship and with continued uncertainty off the field, so coach James Franklin will be hoping new signing Cameron Bancroft can put his difficult year behind him and hit the ground running, but a relatively easy win for Northamptonshire looks to be the most likely outcome in this one.