When is Derbyshire vs Northamptonshire taking place? Friday 19th April, 2019 – 11:00 (UK)
Where is Derbyshire vs Northamptonshire taking place? The Pattonair County Ground
What is the expected weather for Derbyshire vs Northamptonshire? 20-22c with dry weather forecast all day
What channel is Derbyshire vs Northamptonshire in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Derbyshire vs Northamptonshire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Derbyshire vs Northamptonshire? https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/domestic
Last meeting: Derbyshire beat Northamptonshire by 51 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Dave Houghton
Captain: Billy Godleman
- Derbyshire come into their Royal London One-Day Cup opener hoping to improve on last season’s fifth place finish in the North Group and they will take confidence from their start in the County Championship second division where they have won one game and drawn the other to sit top of that table.
- They may not have any particularly big names within their squad, but they have some extremely talented if underrated players at their disposal like skipper Billy Godleman who hit 509 runs in the tournament last year and they will be hoping new signing Leus du Plooy can make a significant impact with the bat.
- Logan van Beek and Ravi Rampaul will be their key men in a bowling attack that does look a little light without Duanne Olivier who joined Yorkshire and that may increase the reliance on their batsmen to perform.
Coach: David Ripley
Captain: Alex Wakely
- Northants were beaten by 72 runs against Durham on Wednesday in their opening match in the Royal London One-Day Cup and that was largely due to a sub-par performance by their bowlers who conceded 342/5.
- Jason Holder was surprisingly expensive going for 72 from his 10 overs despite taking two wickets and they will need more from him and the rest of the bowling unit if they are to avoid this becoming a difficult and long campaign.
- Holder did hit 86 from 68 balls with the bat to show he can offer plenty but the batting order will equally have to step up more if they are to compete in the North Group.
There are plenty of unknowns coming into this game with this being Derbyshire’s opening match, and Northants not showing much in the defeat to Durham. Derbyshire will take heart from the fact Durham hit 342 against them and they will look to score heavily against them. Their batting is underrated, but they are more than capable and have shown some good form in the County Championship. Northants do not inspire much confidence although they do have the one star player in Jason Holder that could well swing the match in their favour. Barring any miracles from him, the home side are marginally favoured, but there is little between the two teams.