AT A GLANCE
When is Jan Dekker vs Lisa Ashton taking place? Thursday 13th December, 2018
Where is Jan Dekker vs Lisa Ashton taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Jan Dekker vs Lisa Ashton on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Jan Dekker vs Lisa Ashton? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for Jan Dekker vs Lisa Ashton? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
- Jan Dekker makes his third appearance at the PDC World Darts Championship having reached the second round last year and first round in 2016 and he will feel he has yet to really do himself justice at Alexandra Palace.
- The Dutchman – currently ranked 43rd in the PDC Oder of Merit – has only featured in one televised ranking event since the last World Championship and that was a first-round defeat in the Players Championship Finals last month so recent televised experience is somewhat limited.
- Away from the big stage, the 28-year-old’s best result this year was a run to the quarter-finals of a Players Championship floor event so he has struggled to really make an impact in 2018.
- Ashton will make her Alexandra Palace debut after coming through the newly-formed UK & Ireland qualifier for female players so she will be relishing this opportunity on the PDC stage.
- A four-time BDO World Championship winner, Ashton has long been heralded as the top female player and her averages suggest she can compete with Dekker and is certainly capable of progressing to the second round.
- ‘The Lancashire Rose’ was impeccable in qualifying, recording whitewash victories in her first five matches and dropping just five legs throughout as she stormed through the 120-strong field in Milton Keynes last month.
A fascinating match is in store here on the opening night at Alexandra Palace, with the talented Lisa Ashton set to make her PDC World Championship debut after years of success on the women’s BDO circuit. Ashton will no doubt be carrying some nerves on the biggest stage in world darts, but the added intrigue of this rare male vs female match could well effect Dekker more so.
The Dutchman has not had the best of years and he will not be relishing this match against a fired-up and in-form opponent, so it would not be surprise to see Ashton come away with a victory in what could be a landmark match for women’s darts.