AT A GLANCE
When is James Wade vs Seigo Asada taking place? Wednesday 19th December, 2018
Where is James Wade vs Seigo Asada place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is James Wade vs Seigo Asada on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream James Wade vs Seigo Asada? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for James Wade vs Seigo Asada? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
- A rejuvenated James Wade comes into the PDC World Darts Championship with plenty of confidence after picking up the European Championship and World Series of Darts Finals titles in the latter half of the year.
- The experienced Englishman has admittedly dipped a little since then following two Round of 16 exits in the Grand Slam of Darts and the Players Championship Finals but his overall game is in much better shape than it has been in recent years.
- Although he has never gone all the way, the ten-time major winner has a stellar record at Alexandra Palace having reached the semi-finals on three previous occasions (2009, 2012 & 2013).
- Asada produced a sensational comeback from two sets down to beat Krzysztof Ratajski in the first round in what was the latest in a string of surprising results at Alexandra Palace.
- The Japanese player averaged 90.64 and hit 44.44% of his doubles in his victory on Tuesday and clinched the win courtesy of an excellent 11-dart leg.
- The Asian Tour number two has already surpassed his previous best at Alexandra Palace having been eliminated at the first round stage last year and should be play with freedom against the heavy favourite.
Wade crashed out at the first hurdle last year but he appears to be in a completely different frame of mind now and his two recent tournament wins show that his game is back to where he feels it belongs. Asada produced some excellent darts in his first round win over Ratajski but Wade should simply have too much class and experience for him here and it is likely to be the end of the road for the Japanese thrower.