When does Sweden vs Austria start? Thursday 16th May, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is Sweden vs Austria being played? Ondrej Nepela Arena, Slovakia
What television channel is Sweden vs Austria on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sweden vs Austria in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Sweden vs Austria? https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/static/6180/tickets
Last meeting: Sweden 7-0 Austria
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sweden have reacted well to their opening defeat against Czech Republic by thumping Italy and Norway in successive contests although it is nothing less than the Swedes would have expected.
- After the 5-2 loss to the Czechs, Sweden bounced back by shutting Italy out in an 8-0 triumph before they won by the same margin against Norway in a 9-1 victory to get their campaign back on track.
- Sweden have used the last spot on their roster to add Colorado Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog to their ranks and despite only landing in Slovakia recently, he is expected to feature in this game whilst Jesper Bratt is a doubt.
- Austria are winless from their opening three matches at this year’s IIHF World Championships and now face the daunting task of facing reigning back-to-back champions Sweden.
- The Austrians have been unable to keep their opponents from scoring whilst only managing two goals themselves which came in their 5-2 defeat to Latvia in their first contest before backing that up with losses to Russia (5-0) and Switzerland (4-0).
- Austria goaltender David Kickert put in a superb performance against Switzerland as he made an unbelievable 41 saves but the Austrians must be better to prevent too many efforts on their goal.
Sweden will look to put in another big performance as they face winless Austria with the Swedes likely to rack up a big score to add to their 17 goals in their last two matches. Austria have allowed their opponents to pepper their goal and if that happens again they will be in for a long afternoon. Sweden are too good in front of goal not to take their chances and they will relish this opportunity to add to their total here.