When does Italy vs Norway start? Saturday 18th May, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is Italy vs Norway being played? Ondrej Nepela Arena, Slovakia
What television channel is Italy vs Norway on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Italy vs Norway in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Italy vs Norway? https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/static/6180/tickets
Last meeting: Norway 4-1 Italy
THE TEAM NEWS
- Italy’s miserable start to the 2019 IIHF World Championships continued as they were hammered by the Czech Republic with the Italians’ goal drought continuing as they failed to find the back of the net once again.
- The Czechs handed out an 8-0 drubbing, meaning Italy have conceded 38 goals in 5 matches and look certainties for relegation with the fear for the Italians that they only have two games remaining to try and salvage some pride.
- Unsurprisingly, Italy are not coming out of this tournament with many plaudits and whilst they have tried, they lack the quality to compete at this level with their forwards all under pressure to score that elusive first goal.
- Norway’s hopes of qualifying for the quarter-finals appear to be over with them needing too many things to fall their way despite a 5-3 victory over Austria in their last match which was their first win of the competition.
- That win should at least help them to avoid relegation but will they want to back that recent win up with another here and will target keeping the Italians scoreless once again as they attempt to climb up the standings.
- Norway’s Christian Bull scored a hat-trick against Austria with the defenceman hoping his superb performance can inspire his side’s attackers into goalscoring action having struggled to find the back of the net so far.
Norway won their first match of the tournament with a solid victory over Austria and will be confident of going back-to-back as they face Italy who are still yet to even register a single goal. They Italians have struggled so far and suffered another big loss to take their tally of goals conceded in the competition to 38 in just five matches and that is going to be increased again here with Norway able to take advantage of their fragile state for another win.