When does France vs Slovakia start? Friday 17th May, 2019 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is France vs Slovakia being played? Steel Arena, Slovakia
What television channel is France vs Slovakia on in the UK? This match will be not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream France vs Slovakia in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for France vs Slovakia? https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/static/6180/tickets
Last meeting: Slovakia 3-1 France
THE TEAM NEWS
- France suffered their fourth consecutive loss and look like they will be embroiled in a battle to avoid relegation after they were defeated by Canada with the French needing to back-up quickly as they face hosts Slovakia.
- Canada raced into a 3-0 lead in the first period and despite France pulling two goals back in the third period, the Canadians were able to add another two goals to the tally to condemn France to a 5-2 defeat.
- Veteran forward Damien Fleury is France’s top scorer in the tournament so far with three goals after he added to that tally against France and he will be key in this game if France are to pick up their first win.
- Slovakia look in real danger of missing out on a quarter-final berth in the IIHF World Championships that they are hosting after a third consecutive defeat as Germany beat them 3-2.
- For the second game in a row, a late goal was Slovakia’s downfall as Leon Draisaitl’s effort with just 27.4 seconds remaining condemned the Slovaks to defeat following their heart-breaking loss to Canada.
- To make matters worse for Slovakia, they had actually been leading with 1:52 left but the Germans were able to turn the game on its head and they will head into this game with doubts still surrounding defender Marek Daloga after the horrific facial injury suffered against Finland.
The psychological impact of Slovakia’s last two defeats may be difficult to overcome but if they are to continue harbouring hopes of making the quarter-finals, they must find a way to bounce back and see off a France side that have yet to win a game in the tournament. The French have been competitive but have yet to do enough to win a game and whilst this presents one of their best opportunities to do so, they are likely to fall short again as Slovakia claim a much-needed win.