When does Czech Republic vs Italy start? Friday 17th May, 2019 – 19:15 (UK)
Where is Czech Republic vs Italy being played? Ondrej Nepela Arena, Slovakia
What television channel is Czech Republic vs Italy on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Czech Republic vs Italy in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Czech Republic vs Italy? https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/static/6180/tickets
Last meeting: Czech Republic 2-0 Italy
THE TEAM NEWS
- Czech Republic made it three wins from four matches as they overcame a slow start in which they found themselves 2-0 down in the first period against Latvia before hitting back strongly in the second and eventually claiming a 6-3 win.
- It was a good response by the Czechs following their shutout defeat to Russia in their previous game and put their quarter-final hopes right back on track with them having no trouble finding the back of the net this time around.
- Jakub Voracek highlighted his importance to his country in the win over Latvia with two goals and two assists, those goals being his first of the competition whilst he has now recorded six assists which is the second highest at the World Championships.
- Italy’s miserable start to the competition continued as they lost their fourth straight game whilst their wait to score their first goal continues after they were shutout once again, this time in a rout against Russia.
- The Russians proved to be far too good with the gulf in quality evident as they ran out 10-0 winners which now means Italy have conceded 30 goals in the competition and means relegation is looking inevitable.
- In one of very few positives for Italy, they have yet to pick up any injuries and have a full roster to choose from for this game but it looks like being another long night on the ice with another big defeat on the cards.
Czech Republic bounced back from their disappointing shutout to Russia in style after producing a come-from-behind victory having scored six goals against Latvia and now have a great chance to build on that to further their quarter-final hopes as they face the winless and goalless Italians. A first goal of the competition is coming with them creating a few good chances against Russia but even if they manage it here, it won’t be enough for them to win as the Czechs will claim a comfortable victory.