AT A GLANCE
Where is Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Rafael Nadal taking place? The Magic Box, Madrid
When is Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Rafael Nadal on and what time does it start? Wednesday 8th
What channel is Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Rafael Nadal on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Rafael Nadal ? This match will be streamed live for subscribers of Amazon Prime
Where can I get tickets for Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Rafael Nadal ? https://www.madrid-open.com/en/tickets-mutua-madrid-open/
- Felix Auger-Aliassime is in scintillating form at such a young age and could be one of the surprise packages in this season’s Grand Slams with a 16-9 record and three quarter-finals under his belt already this year.
- The 18-year-old has beaten the likes of Stefanos Tsitsipas and Borna Coric in his last three tournaments, losing out in all three to top ten players Kei Nishikori, John Isner and Alexander Zverev.
- The Canadian youngster has never faced Rafael Nadal before and facing the best ever player on clay amounts to the biggest challenge of his young career.
- Rafael Nadal lost to fellow clay-specialist Dominic Thiem in the Barcelona Open semi-finals following another shock semi-finals defeat at Monte-Carlo to Fabio Fognini.
- The world number two is favourite for every clay court tournament he enters, and has won the Madrid Open title five times in total despite losing out last year, also to Thiem.
- Nadal will face Canadian starlet Felix Auger-Aliassime for the first time but has beaten fellow next-generation players like Alex de Minaur, Frances Tiafoe and Stefanos Tsitsipas comprehensively this year.
There is little to offer in support for anything other than a straight-sets win for Rafael Nadal here, despite Felix Auger-Aliassime’s apparent talent and future stardom. This will be a steep learning curve for the Canadian youngster, but at 18 years old he can play without fear, at least. Nadal will have Roland Garros on his mind, and this tournament in his home capital is the perfect place to prepare, as it has been so many times before.