Where is Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal taking place? Foro Italico, Rome
When is Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal on and what time does it start? Friday 17th May, 2019 – 13:30 (UK)
What channel is Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal on? BT Sport (check schedule for specific channel)
Where can I stream Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match via the BT Sport Player
Where can I get tickets for Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal? https://ticketing.internazionalibnlditalia.com/
All-time meetings: Fernando Verdasco 3-16 Rafael Nadal
Last meeting: Rafael Nadal beat Fernando Verdasco 6-3, 7-5
- Fernando Verdasco has managed to overcome plenty of challenges to make the quarter-finals at this year’s Italian Open having been forced to win all three of his matches in the third set after facing some tough opponents.
- His latest conquest was Russian Karen Khachanov with Verdasco overcoming the 11th seed 7-5, 3-6, 6-3 as his impressive tournament continues.
- Verdasco faces an uphill task against Nadal having lost 16 times and only winning three whilst his record on clay against Nadal stands at 1-7.
- Rafael Nadal progressed into the quarter-finals with a thumping victory over Georgian Nikoloz Basilashvili with the Spaniard claiming a 6-1, 6-0 win to cruise past the man ranked 18th in the world.
- It looks like a welcome return to form for Nadal ahead of the French Open and having lost just two games from the four sets he’s played in Rome so far, he will be hoping progress to the semi-finals and beyond.
- To do so, he must overcome Fernando Verdasco who he holds a good record against, defeating his fellow Spaniard on 16 occasions although one of his three defeats to Verdasco came on clay back in 2012.
Fernando Verdasco has enjoyed an impressive Italian Open so far and has managed to see off two of the top 15 seeds on his way to the quarter-finals but now faces fellow Spaniard Rafael Nadal in his toughest test yet. Nadal has dropped just two games in his two matches so far with Verdasco seeing a lot more court time having played nine sets which will hinder his chances against a fresher Nadal who can seal a victory in straight sets.