When is Scotland vs Argentina taking place? Wednesday 19th June 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Scotland vs Argentina taking place? Parc des Princes, Paris
What television channel is Scotland vs Argentina on? BBC Four
Where can I stream Scotland vs Argentina? UK users can stream this match via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Scotland vs Argentina? https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Scotland’s hopes of progressing to the knockout stages of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup hang by a thread after a second successive defeat against Japan left them without a point so far.
- The Scots were outclassed in the early stages and found themselves two goals down at half-time and despite Lana Clelland giving her side a late lifeline, it was not enough for Scotland to take anything from the game.
- The Scots must now beat Argentina in their final game which should be enough to see them qualify as one of the best third-placed teams and Shelley Kerr may once again make changes as she looks to find the right balance to her side after making four changes against Japan.
- Argentina put in a battling display against England but fell short in their Women’s World Cup clash as they went down 1-0 which leaves the Argentines needing a win in their final game with Scotland to avoid crashing out of the tournament.
- They only saw 24% of the ball but made things difficult for England and looked to be on their way to a point before their resilience was broken in the 61st minute to leave Argentina with just one point from their two games.
- A win would see Argentina progress to the last 16 with Carlos Borrello needing to get his team selection right and having appeared from the bench in both games so far, Mariana Larroquette and Vanese Santana will be pushing for a spot in the starting XI.
Scotland and Argentina face-off in a do-or-die match that will determine their fate in this Women’s World Cup. Both teams need a win to stand a chance of progression to the knockout stages with a draw set to eliminate the two which could see this become a very open affair. Scotland have scored in both games so far whilst Argentina have yet to find the back of the net and that could prove to be the difference with Scotland able to edge their way to the win that should see Shelley Kerr’s side advance to the last 16.