When is Canada vs Cameroon taking place? Monday 10th June 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Canada vs Cameroon taking place? Stade de la Mosson, Montpellier
What television channel is Canada vs Cameroon on? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Canada vs Cameroon? UK users can stream this match via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Canada vs Cameroon? https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Canada are one of the favourites to lift the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup with them entering as the fifth best side according to the world rankings but have been drawn in a tricky group.
- Whilst they should top Group E, they must face the Netherlands, New Zealand and Cameroon who will all pose different threats but if the Canadians are on their game, they should be capable of going deep into the tournament.
- Veteran Christine Sinclair will be key to Canada’s chances as she closes in on the women’s international record of 184 goals with her needing just four to match that tally but the 36-year-old cannot be solely relied on to create and score for her side.
- Cameroon were impressive at the last World Cup and will be looking to build on that appearance but will have to see off three teams who are ranked inside the top 20 in the world in their group.
- They enter this tournament ranked at number 46 in the world which highlights the task they face but with a good mix of youth and experience in their side, they are capable of springing a surprise or two.
- Cameroon have a handful of players that will be important to the way they play but one of their main threats will come in the form of Ajara Nchout Njoya who will pose problems due to her rapid pace.
Canada are probably the least fancied side amongst the favourites for the tournament but that could inspire them to glory. They have a great team on paper and despite not possessing as many big names as some other nations, they are fairly strong across the board. A lot will depend on Christine Sinclair but if she can get some support up front, they will cause problems and despite Cameroon being a threat to them in this opening game, the Canadians should be too strong for them.