When is Australia vs Brazil taking place? Thursday 13th June 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Australia vs Brazil taking place? Stade de la Mosson, Montpellier
What television channel is Australia vs Brazil on? BBC Two
Where can I stream Australia vs Brazil? UK users can stream this match via BBC iPlayer
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs Brazil? https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/organisation/ticketing/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Australia suffered a shock defeat in their opening match of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup as they went down to a goal deep into stoppage time against Italy to get off to the worst possible start.
- The Matildas opened the scoring in the 22nd
minute through Sam Kerr but a brace from Barbara Bonansea including the late effort broke the hearts of the Australians who must respond quickly or face elimination.
- Questions are already being asked of coach Ante Milicic following the shock defeat and he will be under pressure to find a winning formula for his side against Brazil and that could include several changes to the starting line-up.
- Brazil opened their account for the tournament with a brilliant 3-0 win over Jamaica as they ended a nine-match losing streak to put themselves in a good position of qualifying for the knockout stages.
- Striker Cristiane became the oldest person to score a hat-trick at the World Cup as her treble fired her side to victory in the opening game as she highlighted her importance to her nation’s chances, especially without fellow veteran Marta appearing in this game.
- Six-time world player of the year Marta will be hoping to feature in this game although it may be from the bench as she battles to overcome a thigh injury which saw her fail to take the field against Jamaica.
Australia have it all to do to progress to the knockout stages as one of the pre-tournament favourites suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Italy in their opening match. They now face a Brazil side that looked solid against Jamaica and will be full of confidence after ending their losing run. The Brazilians could be further boosted by the return of Marta and if she does feature, Australia will have a task on their hands defensively. They need to be much better than they were against Italy and with Brazil set to make it difficult, this could end in a draw.