When is Argentina vs Chile taking place? Saturday 6th July 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Argentina vs Chile taking place? Arena Corinthians, São Paulo
What television channel is Argentina vs Chile on in the UK? This match will be televised live on Premier Sports
Where can I stream Argentina vs Chile in the UK? Premier Sport subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
For viewers in the United States, the game will be shown live on ESPN+ and you can sign up here!
Where can I get tickets for Argentina vs Chile? https://ingressos.copaamerica.com/#!/home
THE TEAM NEWS
- Argentina lost out in their 2019 Copa America semi-final to hosts Brazil as they missed out on yet another chance to claim a trophy and must now compete in the third/fourth place play-off.
- Brazil opened the scoring in the 19th minute before Sergio Augero and Lionel Messi but hit the woodwork for Argentina but with both failing to score, the Brazilians were able to double their lead in the final 20 minutes.
- In what was a fiery clash between the arch-rivals, Argentina felt a great injustice by the refereeing performance and even lodged a formal complaint about his performance but it will not change the result and they must prepare for the game with Chile in which several changes are expected with the likes of Giovani Lo Celso set to start.
- Chile suffered a shock defeat in their semi-final against Peru as the Chileans surrendered their Copa America title which they were bidding to win for a third consecutive time.
- Peru proved to be too good as they were clinical in front of goal and fully deserved their win after taking a two-goal lead into the break and they made it 3-0 in the second half to round off a resounding win.
- Chile’s performance was summed up by Eduardo Vargas who squandered a late penalty that was saved after he attempted a Panenka with that disappointing result for his side potentially signalling the end of an era for this side.
It is difficult to imagine either side will have much appetite to win this game following their disappointing defeats in their semi-final clashes at the Copa America. Argentina could make wholesale changes to their side which would signal their intent and whilst Chile may not make as many changes, they too may opt to blood some younger talent. If Argentina were to play their best side then they would be fancied for this but it’s Chile who appear to be the ones who will field the stronger line-up and they can secure third place as a result.