When is Honduras vs El Salvador taking place? Wednesday 26th June, 2019 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Honduras vs El Salvador taking place? Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles
What television channel is Honduras vs El Salvador on in the UK? This match will be televised live on FreeSports (Sky channel 422)
Where can I stream Honduras vs El Salvador in the UK? Premier Sport subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Honduras vs El Salvador? https://www.goldcup.org/en/gold-cup-2019-tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Honduras have lost their previous two matches at the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup, meaning they can not qualify for the quarter-finals so they are playing for pride here.
- Needing a win to bounce back from their opening match defeat away in Jamaica, they were left extremely frustrated at losing 1-0 to Curacao in a game that they dominated and created numerous good chances only for opposition goalkeeper to be in inspired form.
- Honduras are without a win in their last six international matches with their last victory coming against Panama in November 2018.
- El Salvador have picked up four points from their opening two matches with a 1-0 win against Curacao and a 0-0 draw with Jamaica; they can claim their place in the quarter-finals with a win or a draw against Honduras.
- Their defence hasn’t been tested too much during the tournament, but when it has, they have stood up to the challenge; they are one of only two teams to yet concede a goal at the 2019 Gold Cup – the USA being the other team.
- The defensive solidity for El Salvador stretches further back as they have kept a total of five clean sheets during their last six international matches.
El Salvador have an excellent chance of making it through to the quarter-finals at the Gold Cup for the fourth time since 2011. Although they need a point to make sure, they can actually go through with a defeat if Jamaica defeat Curacao. Honduras have had a tournament to forget as consecutive defeats mean they are playing for pride only and it is difficult to know how motivated the players are coming into this fixture. It probably won’t be a pretty game but El Salvador won’t mind as they progress to the quarter-finals after a low scoring encounter in which the predicted outcome is a draw.