When is Haiti vs Canada taking place? Sunday 30th June, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Haiti vs Canada taking place? NRG Stadium, Houston
What television channel is Haiti vs Canada on in the UK? This match will be televised live on FreeSports (Sky channel 422)
Where can I stream Haiti vs Canada in the UK? Premier Sport subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Haiti vs Canada? https://www.goldcup.org/en/gold-cup-2019-tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Haiti confirmed their status as the surprise package of the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup as they made it three wins in a row to progress to the quarter-finals as Group B winners following a hugely impressive win over Costa Rica.
- The Haitians went behind early on but a Duckens Nazon penalty levelled the scores before a late Djimy Alexis strike sealed the victory and they topped their group at the Gold Cup for the first time in their history.
- After an impressive display against the Costa Ricans, Haiti are likely to be unchanged as they seek to continue their superb run although the Canadians look set to pose a big challenge for them.
- Canada progressed to the quarter-finals of the Gold Cup thanks to a comprehensive victory over Cuba ensured that they finished in second place in Group A and set up a meeting with Haiti.
- The Canadians racked up seven goals in the rout with both Jonathan David and Lucas Cavallini scoring hat-tricks whilst Junior Hoilett also chipped in with a goal as they showed their attacking threat throughout the contest.
- Canada will need to be at their attacking best to see off Haiti who will pose their own problems thanks to their speed but with the likes of David performing very well, they will be difficult to beat.
Canada head into this quarter-final clash with Haiti as favourites but they will not have things their own way against the surprise package of the Gold Cup. Haiti have been brilliant so far and their win over Costa Rica to seal Group B was the highlight. That win will give them plenty of confidence but Canada pose a different threat. This should be a superb watch with either side capable of winning but the Canadians can just edge it to bring to an end a great tournament for the Haitians.