When is Rangpur Riders vs Dhaka Dynamites taking place? Wednesday, 6th February - 12:30 (UK)
Where is Rangpur Riders vs Dhaka Dynamites taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
What is the expected weather for Rangpur Riders vs Dhaka Dynamites? 26-28c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Rangpur Riders vs Dhaka Dynamites on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Rangpur Riders vs Dhaka Dynamites? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Rangpur Riders vs Dhaka Dynamites? Tickets are on sale at Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium booth (beside Stadium Gate 1) and Suhrawardi Indoor Stadium
All-time meetings: Rangpur Riders W5, Dhaka Dynamites W6
Last meeting: Rangpur Riders beat Dhaka Dynamites by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- The Riders come into this second qualifier having lost to Comilla Victorians on Monday so they will be keen to bounce back with a win against Dhaka to reach Thursday’s final as the Victorians await the winner of this match.
- Somewhat expectedly, the Riders struggled with the bat without the injured Alex Hales and absent AB de Villiers against the Victorians and their firepower has clearly taken a knock without that duo but Gayle, Rossouw and Howell will be asked to raise their game further if they want to reach the final.
- Rossouw has been their star all tournament and he could well move up the order to number three in this game to spend more time at the crease, although they desperately need Chris Gayle to build on his 46 from 44 balls against the Victorians.
Coach: Khaled Mahmud
Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Dhaka Dynamites are regaining some form at just the right time of the season having won their last two matches after a five-match losing run and their win over Chittagong Vikings on Monday was particularly impressive as they chased down 135/8 with 3.2 overs to spare.
- Sunil Narine has been one of the key figures in the last two victories after finally finding his form after a slow start to the tournament as he took 4/15 from his four overs and then smashed 31 from 16 balls to lead them to victory.
- The other key performer has been Sri Lankan batsman Upul Tharanga who bounced back from a duck in his first match to hit 42 and 51 in the last two wins and his performances have gone a long way to resolving the opener issues they were having, and the likelihood is that the team is unchanged for this crunch match.
Rangpur Riders were the best team in the group stage as they topped the ladder but the absence of both De Villiers and Hales for the knockout phase could really dent their chances. With Chris Gayle struggling for form and only Rilee Rossouw proving reliable with the bat for them, the champions have lost some momentum. On the other hand, the most successful team in the history of the BPL are finding some form at just the right time. The Dynamites have won their last two matches and are playing well with both bat and ball at a key time of the tournament. The Dhaka outfit have the edge in momentum here.