When is Rajshahi Kings vs Rangpur Riders taking place? Tuesday, 29th January - 12:30 (UK)
Where is Rajshahi Kings vs Rangpur Riders taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium
What is the expected weather for Rajshahi Kings vs Rangpur Riders? Cloudy at times but 24-26c and sunshine forecast on the whole
What channel is Rajshahi Kings vs Rangpur Riders on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Rajshahi Kings vs Rangpur Riders? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Rajshahi Kings vs Rangpur Riders? http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/bpl-2016/buy-tickets/
All-time meetings: Rajshahi Kings W4, Rangpur Riders W1
Last meeting: Rajshahi Kings beat Rangpur Riders by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Lance Klusener
Captain: Mehedy Hasan Miraz
- Rajshahi Kings bounced back nicely from two consecutive defeats to beat Chittagong Vikings last time out by seven runs to stay in the race for a top four spot and they know they really need to win their final two matches to reach the knockout phase.
- Their relatively poor net run rate means they cannot rely on tying teams above them on points and hope to finish in the top four so that means they face the unenviable task of having to beat one of the form teams in the tournament in the Riders.
- Johnson Charles came in for his first appearance of the season against Chittagong Vikings last time and he marked that match with a half century, and it will need another big effort from him, Evans and Ten Doeschate if they are to somehow match the big hitting of the Riders.
Coach: Tom Moody
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- The Riders have now won their last four matches in a row which has coincided with the arrival of superstar AB de Villiers and they come off yet another batting masterclass as they eased to victory against Dhaka Dynamites on Monday by eight wickets and with ten balls to spare.
- De Villiers smashed a hundred in that game to follow up on Hales and Rossouw hitting tons in the previous match as their top four batsmen are unparalleled in the tournament for their star quality and firepower.
- It seems highly unlikely they will change a winning formula especially in the knowledge that one win will virtually seal their place in the knockout phase due to their excellent net run rate, and winning here would likely allow them to rest some of their veterans in the final group match before the knockouts begin.
The Riders are playing stunning cricket right now as they look capable of scoring well over 200 in every game they play with their top four batsmen in scintillating form. The Kings know they have to win here to be in with a shout of a top four place but the timing of this match could not come at a worse time. The Riders are looking unbeatable right now and barring complacency, it seems unlikely to think the Kings can match and upset them despite holding a good head-to-head record against them.