When is Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Saturday, 26th January - 12:20 (UK)
Where is Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium
What is the expected weather for Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings? 27-29c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD HD (Sky 729)
Where can I stream Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Chittagong Vikings vs Rajshahi Kings? Tickets can be purchased from the stadium on matchday
All-time meetings: Chittagong Vikings W3, Rajshahi Kings W3
Last meeting: Chittagong Vikings beat Rajshahi Kings by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Nurul Abedin
Captain: Mushfiqur Rahim
- Chittagong Vikings’ five-match winning run came to a shuddering halt on Friday as they met an inspired Rangpur Riders team who hit the highest total in Bangladesh Premier League history as they smashed 239/4 from their 20 overs which the Vikings understandably struggled to reach.
- They will not be too disheartened by that defeat and will look to get back to winning ways against the Kings but they will have to bowl much better as Sunzamul Islam, Robiul Haque, Khaled Ahmed and Sikandar Raza were all hit for over 12 runs per over.
- The experiment to bring Raza back into the side did not pay off as he struggled with both bat and ball so he may drop back out of the side here and Cameron Delport will surely return to the team if he is available for selection.
Coach: Lance Klusener
Captain: Mehedy Hasan Miraz
- Rajshahi Kings have been making their lives difficult by losing their last two matches and the heavy 76-run loss to Sylhet Sixers on Friday was particularly depressing as they have fallen behind in the race for the play-off places.
- The bowling attack struggled to hold the Sixers in that game and they will have to improve against this strong Vikings team, while the batting also was below par as they fell apart somewhat after Laurie Evans fell cheaply early in the innings.
- They rely heavily on Evans and Ten Doeschate especially as well as Frylinck and they need their overseas imports to produce the goods here while there is a chance that Jonker finds his place under threat if they want to change things around.
Both of these teams are coming off defeats and will be keen to bounce back immediately. The Kings are desperate for a win to push back into the reckoning for a play-off place but the Vikings will want to stamp their authority on the tournament despite losing last time. Their pride will have been dented by the heavy loss to the Riders and they will want to bounce back and they should have too much for the inconsistent Kings.