When is Morocco vs Benin taking place? Friday 5th July, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Morocco vs Benin taking place? Al Salam Stadium, Cairo
What television channel is Morocco vs Benin on? All AFCON matches will be televised live on either Eurosport 1 or 2
Where can I stream Morocco vs Benin? Subscribers can stream the match via Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Morocco vs Benin? https://www.footballticketnet.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations
THE TEAM NEWS
- Morocco sealed top spot in Group D with their third consecutive 1-0 victory of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as they saw off South Africa to progress as one of three teams with a 100% record.
- The Moroccans looked like they were about to drop their first points in the group stage with the game goalless heading into the final moments but Mbark Boussoufa turned the ball in from close range at the death to snatch the win for this side.
- Morocco only made a few changes to their side despite already qualifying for the last 16 but Noussair Mazraoui is expected to come straight back in to the starting XI along with goalkeeper Bono.
- Benin managed to sneak their way into the knockout stages of the Africa Cup of Nations after their draw with Cameroon – their third of the tournament – was enough for them to progress as one of the best third-placed teams.
- With so much on the line for Benin, they knew a draw would see them qualify and they made it their mission to prevent Cameroon from scoring which they managed to do although it was to the detriment of the quality of the game.
- Benin failed to register a single shot on target but their game plan worked as they secured a goalless draw and they are likely to make it difficult for Morocco with few, if any, changes expected for their last 16 clash.
Morocco and Benin meet in the last 16 of the Africa Cup of Nations with both progressing with very different records. Morocco won all three of their matches in the group and whilst Benin were also unbeaten, they could only manage draws in their games. They progressed thanks to a scrappy draw with Cameroon in which they made it difficult for the opposition to score and they will employ similar tactics again. That could force the game into extra-time and although they will make it tough, Morocco should be able to claim the win one way or another.