When is Madagascar vs Tunisia taking place? Thursday 11th July, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Madagascar vs Tunisia taking place? Al Salam Stadium, Cairo
What television channel is Madagascar vs Tunisia on? All AFCON matches will be televised live on either Eurosport 1 or 2
Where can I stream Madagascar vs Tunisia? Subscribers can stream the match via Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Madagascar vs Tunisia? https://www.footballticketnet.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations
THE TEAM NEWS
- Madagascar produced another big shock as they progressed to the quarter-finals of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as their dream competition debut continued with victory over DR Congo.
- Ibrahim Amada gave his side a lead with a great strike before DR Congo levelled soon after and although Madagascar thought they had won it with a 77th minute Faneva Andriatsima goal, extra time was forced by a last-gasp DR Congo equaliser.
- That did not deter them as the game went to a penalty shootout and the Madagascans held their nerves, scoring all of their penalties to win the shootout 4-2 for yet another famous victory. They can recall the suspended Marco Ilaimaharitra for this last-eight contest.
- Tunisia are still yet to win a game in normal time at the Africa Cup of Nations but their fourth draw of the tournament was enough to see them progress to the quarter-final stage after a penalty shootout win over Ghana.
- The Tunisians looked to be heading through after taking the lead in the 73rd minute through Taha Yassine Khenissi but an own-goal in stoppage time forced the game into extra time which ended goalless.
- Goalkeeper Farouk Ben Mustapha was brought on just for the shootout and proved to be the hero as he saved the defining penalty to give Tunisia a 5-4 win but they must improve for their quarter-final clash and could alter their side yet again.
Madagascar are the story of the Africa Cup of Nations and look to have the support of the rest of the world behind them as the underdogs continue to impress. The tournament debutantes have not looked out of place and have claimed some big scalps already. Not in their wildest dreams could they have envisaged progressing this far but they will now have the belief that nothing can stop them advancing even further. Tunisia stand in their way of a semi-final spot but they have been disappointing throughout the tournament and unless they improve for this game, Madagascar can provide yet another shock.