When is Ivory Coast vs Algeria taking place? Thursday 11th July, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Ivory Coast vs Algeria taking place? Suez Stadium, Suez
What television channel is Ivory Coast vs Algeria on? All AFCON matches will be televised live on either Eurosport 1 or 2
Where can I stream Ivory Coast vs Algeria? Subscribers can stream the match via Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Ivory Coast vs Algeria? https://www.footballticketnet.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ivory Coast struggled for large spells against Mali in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations last 16 contest but Wilfried Zaha’s goal was enough for the Elephants to progress to the quarter-finals.
- In a scrappy contest, both teams spurned chances but it was Mali who controlled the game and created more in front of goal but they were punished for being wasteful as Zaha scored with just 15 minutes remaining to send his side through.
- The Ivorians have been far from convincing throughout the tournament and might deem themselves a little lucky to have made it this far but they will have to improve as they face Algeria and will need their attacking players to produce after it appears they have settled on their strongest XI.
- Algeria continue to look the best team in the Africa Cup of Nations as their impressive tournament continued thanks to a comfortable victory over Guinea in their first game of the knockout stages.
- Youcef Belaili’s first half effort put his side ahead at the break before Riyad Mahrez scored a superb goal to double his side’s lead and substitute Adam Ounas sealed the win with another late on to top off the 3-0 victory.
- Algeria are yet to concede a goal in the tournament and look like the team to beat thanks to a settled starting XI whilst they also possess plenty of strong options to come on from the bench.
Click here to read our Madagascar vs Tunisia preview!
Algeria are yet to concede a goal at the Africa Cup of Nations and they are also the top scorers at the tournament with nine goals so far. Their defensive solidity and attacking prowess make them a threat for anyone and they now face Ivory Coast in the last-eight, a team who have underperformed so far. The Elephants face a big ask to overturn this Algeria side and despite possessing some quality attacking options of their own, Algeria should be too strong for them.