When is Algeria vs Nigeria taking place? Sunday 14th July, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Algeria vs Nigeria taking place? Cairo International Stadium, Cairo
What television channel is Algeria vs Nigeria on? All AFCON matches will be televised live on either Eurosport 1 or 2
Where can I stream Algeria vs Nigeria? Subscribers can stream the match via Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Algeria vs Nigeria? https://www.footballticketnet.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations
THE TEAM NEWS
- Algeria progressed to the last-four of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as they overcame a dogged Ivory Coast side who pushed them all the way having forced a penalty shootout in their quarter-final clash.
- The Algerians went ahead in the 20th minute through Sofiane Feghouli but conceded their first goal of the tournament with just under a third of the game remaining with the scores remaining level for the rest of normal time and through extra time too.
- Algeria scored their last penalty in the shootout and progressed when Ivory Coast struck the post with their final effort to claim the 4-3 win but they may be without Youcef Atal who had to be withdrawn after just 30 minutes of the quarter-final after a nasty landing on his arm.
- Nigeria claimed a dramatic late win in their Africa Cup of Nations quarter-final contest with South Africa as they deservedly edged their way to a last-four meeting with Algeria following a solid performance.
- Samuel Chukwueze opened the scoring for his side in the 27th minute but the South Africans levelled with just under 20 minutes remaining before the late drama saw William Troost-Ekong bundle home following an error from South Africa ‘keeper Ronwen Williams.
- After several poor performances in this tournament, the Nigerians were by far the better team here and look to be hitting form at the right time which would make it a surprise if they make any changes to their starting XI.
Algeria moved to within 90 minutes of their first Africa Cup of Nations final since 1990 as they saw off Ivory Coast despite finally conceding their first goal of the tournament. They will face three-times champions Nigeria who produced one of their best performances of the competition so far to see off a South Africa. This should be a superb contest with either side able to win but Algeria have been the more consistent and that can aid their quest to make the final.