AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 28th
November, 14:30 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 25-27c and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Herschelle Gibbs
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Rajputs are coming off a disastrous performance on Tuesday as they could only muster 63/7 against the Maratha Arabians who comfortably knocked that off in just five overs so they have to respond and bounce back immediately with a win here.
- Their performance with the bat has been highly disappointing in the last two matches as the likes of Shazhad, McCullum, Dunk, Rossouw and Brathwaite have failed to ignite and one or more of them has to find some form quickly.
- After the poor loss yesterday, McCullum will be keen to chase a total if possible so that makes the coin toss vital here while Samit Patel could come back into the side to add more depth to the batting line-up and another spin option.
Coach: Mushtaq Ahmed
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The Legends got back to winning ways on Monday after two defeats in a row as they beat the Kerala Knights by 36 runs and that was largely thanks to a superb bowling display by Kumar who took 3/21 and Hassan Khan who picked up 4/21 as they bowled out the opposition for just 71.
- The batting remains a concern with Umar Akmal topscoring once again and their highest score in the tournament by a batsman is 31 as they have struggled to find any player to consistently hit big.
- After moving away from overseas stars Plunkett and McClenaghan who both proved extremely expensive, the likes of Zahir Khan, Chris Jordan, Kumar and Hassan Khan have stepped up their performance levels and will be key here.
Based on their last matches, the Punjabi Legends have to be favoured here but one would fully expect the Rajputs to come back fighting after yesterday’s poor display. Their batting was woeful and that does not bode well against a bowling attack that is in fine form itself. The Legends batting line-up needs to improve though, and should one or two of the Rajputs key batsmen click into gear, it will be difficult for them to match it with their below average batting.