AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 23rd
November, 11:30 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 28-30c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Herschelle Gibbs
Captain: Brendon McCullum
- The Rajputs got off to a dream start in the opening match of this year’s competition as they demolished the Sindhis as they overcame their 94/6 in just four overs thanks to Mohammad Shazhad’s stunning 74 from just 16 balls.
- The scary fact from that match is that they had so much more firepower in the batting line-up to come with Rossouw, Dunk, Evans, Brathwaite and Samit Patel not even make it to the middle so that is ominous for upcoming opponents.
- Just as much as their batting was outstanding, their bowlers set the platform for the victory with some tight bowling as Brathwaite and Munaf Patel being extremely effective which is equally as ominous for opponents as they almost certainly go unchanged for this match.
Coach: Dean Jones
Captain: Shahid Afridi
- The Pakhtoons campaign started with defeat to the Kerala Kings as they failed to set a big enough total and their bowlers did not even come close to defending the 109/5 so they will look to improve on that here.
- Against the Rajputs and after their opening performance, it already puts pressure on their batsmen to raise their game significantly and they cannot afford any of their players to even go at a strike rate of 100 so the emphasis will be on not wasting any balls.
- They may consider one or two changes as Colin Munro will likely come into the side while Gulbadin Naib could be in with an outside chance of coming into the bowling unit if they do decide to switch things around.
Given the way they played the opening matches, it is impossible to back against the Rajputs here. They were stunning in the opening win and they have plenty of room for improvement still. They bat so deep and with big hitters, that it will take a mammoth effort from a team to beat them. The Pakhtoons have quality, but they simply cannot afford to carry any passengers as they did in their first match with Walton opening the innings and scoring 12 from 11 balls. They have to fire from the very first ball otherwise they risk being completely blown away by this exciting Rajputs team.