AT A GLANCE
When? Wednesday 28th
November, 16:45 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 25-27c and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Dean Jones
Captain: Shahid Afridi
- After losing their opening match to the Kerala Kings, the Pakhtoons have bounced back emphatically by winning their last three matches against the Rajputs, Sindhis and Bengal Tigers.
- Opener Andre Fletcher has been the key reason for their recent run of form having smashed 215 runs in just 4 innings – 62 more than anybody else in the tournament – and 125 more than any other Pakhtoons player.
- Against the Bengal Tigers on Monday, they produced their best bowling display of the tournament so far to restrict them to just 93/6 with Singh and Mohammad Irfan in good form, and that bodes well for them as that has arguably been their weakness in the tournament to date.
Coach: Wasim Akram
Captain: Rashid Khan
- The Maratha Arabians have struggled to find consistency in their performances so far having won two and lost two, but they are coming off what has been their best display so far by hammering the Rajputs by ten wickets on Tuesday.
- The bowling unit were outstanding in the win over Rajputs with Van der Merwe, Gleeson, Faulkner, Bravo and skipper Rashid Khan producing a stunning effort to deny the big hitters of the Rajputs and conceded just 6.3 per over on average.
- Barring any unknown injury problems, they will name the same starting eleven for this match and they will hope Hazratullah Zazai and Alex Hales can fire them to victory with the bat once again too.
The victory for the Maratha Arabians on Tuesday and the manner of it suggests they are finally starting to find something close to their best now after a mixed start to the tournament. Their bowling unit finally lived up to their reputation and they will have to be at their best against Andre Fletcher who has been the best batsmen in the tournament so far. The Pakhtoons rely heavily on the West Indian opener and if the Arabians can get him out early, they can win this match and take advantage of the Pakhtoons' poor bowling attack.