AT A GLANCE
When? Saturday 1st
December, 11:30 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? Sunshine and temperatures of 28-30c
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Robin Singh
Captain: Darren Sammy
- After losing against the Bengal Tigers in their opening match, the Northern Warriors have clicked into gear and smashed their way through the next five matches winning them all in emphatic fashion.
- Nicholas Pooran has been the standout player for them hitting 258 runs in just 6 innings and hitting at a stunning strike rate of 250 so they will look to him for more fireworks in the knockout phase.
- Andre Russell was rested on Thursday in the win over the Rajputs but the all-rounder will return to action here against the Pakhtoons as they face off to see who will move directly into the final.
Coach: Dean Jones
Captain: Shahid Afridi
- The Pakhtoons have been the second-best side behind the Warriors in the group phase of the tournament and after winning four matches in a row, they come off a defeat to the Punjabi Legends on Thursday although they had already sealed qualification at that point.
- The Pakhtoons have also relied on some big-hitting by a West Indian as Andre Fletcher has been a revelation like Pooran smashing 253 runs from his 6 matches so far and he has been ably supported by Shafiqullah and Ingram who provide a strong core to the side.
- Sohail Khan, Mohammad Irfan and Liam Dawson have been superb with the ball for the Pakhtoons so far having taken 20 wickets between them and they will hope to have the edge with the ball to dampen this fearsome Warriors batting.
The two biggest hitting teams face off in this qualifier to see who will progress into Sunday’s finals day and who will have to go through the eliminators. With some veterans like Andre Russell and Darren Sammy, the Warriors will be keen to avoid having to play two matches on the same day so that should give them added motivation. It is hard to go against the Warriors given their stunning form and momentum, even against a strong Pakhtoons side.