AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 22nd
November, 16:00 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 26-28c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Wasim Akram
Captain: Rashid Khan
- The Maratha Arabians were knocked out at the semi-final stage last year but they come into this year’s tournament with lofty expectations as they have Afghan star Rashid Khan spearheading their team as their Icon Player.
- The Arabians have a strong contingent of English players in their squad so they will hope the likes of Alex Hales, Liam Livingstone, Adam Lyth, and James Vince can hit the ground running and score big for them.
- Hazratullah Zazai will have plenty of expectation on his shoulders opening the innings, while they have some star all-rounders in Dwayne Bravo and James Faulkner who will provide plenty of depth to their batting.
Coach: Mushtaq Ahmed
Captain: Shoaib Malik
- The Punjabi Legends will be hoping to improve on last season’s average performance and their squad has seen plenty of changes so they will hope that some of their newcomers can improve their fortunes.
- Luke Ronchi returns and that is a major boost as a big hitter at the top of the order and he scored the most runs in last year’s edition, while Evin Lewis joins the team to open the batting and hopefully make some fast starts.
- Their strength lies more in their bowling than batting in fairness with Chris Jordan, Mitch McClenaghan and Liam Plunkett spearheading their attack, but the lack of firepower with the bat will put plenty of pressure on their bowlers to produce miracles.
Neither of these teams possess major firepower at the top of the order, although an opening partnership of Ronchi and Lewis for the Legends could see them get off to a ferocious start. That said, they lack the depth to their batting which is what the Arabians do have making them less reliant on one or two players. With Rashid Khan on their team, they have to be favoured to get off to a winning start here.