AT A GLANCE
When? Thursday 22nd
November, 11:30 (UK)
Where? Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Weather? 26-28c with sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream the match? This match cannot be streamed in the UK
Are tickets still available? https://www.q-tickets.com/t10/eventlist.aspx
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Captain: Sam Billings
- The Bengal Tigers were one of the more disappointing teams last season in the first edition of the T10 Cricket League so they will hope to put in a much improved display in this year’s campaign led by Sam Billings.
- Their Icon Player this season in T20 specialist Sunil Narine and he will be under pressure to deliver with the ball, but perhaps even more so with the bat, and they will also need Jason Roy, Luke Wright, Asif Ali and Mohammad Nabi to really fire with the bat and hit big.
- They look to have some solid options with bat and ball throughout the squad, but they may just be lacking elite players in both facets as the squad does have something of an average look to it so they will have to be at top form to really make an impact in this tournament.
Coach: Robin Singh
Captain: Darren Sammy
- The Northern Warriors are newcomers to the T10 Cricket League and they have decided to go with a strong Caribbean flavour within their squad as they are led by the Darren Sammy for this campaign.
- He will be able to call upon numerous compatriots such as Andre Russell, Nicolas Pooran, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith, Rovman Powell and Khary Pierre among others so they really need their men to be firing but they should have cohesion in the field and running between the wickets at least.
- They have some talented players to supplement the West Indian contingent as Wahab Riaz, Ravi Bopara and Chris Green provide strong support, but the general feel to this squad is fairly underwhelming unless somebody like Andre Russell produces some magic.
At first glance, neither of these teams look to possess the serious big hitting that would see them go far in this tournament unless one or two players really click into gear. The Bengal Tigers look to have the edge in firepower with some big hitters like Narine, Roy, Asif Ali and Mohammad Nabi which may just give them the edge as long as they do not come up against an inspired Andre Russell who can take the game away from any team at any time.