AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 20th
November, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Boland Park
Weather? 18-19c with some cloud but no real risk of rain
What channel is it on? Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars will not be forecast live on UK television
Where can I stream the match? Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Adrian Birrell
Captain: Henry Davids
- Despite a remarkable run chase, Paarl Rocks lost their opening match by one run against Tshwane Spartans as their 202/6 fell just short of their opponents’ 203/5 in a stunning match at Boland Park where the runs were flowing.
- They will hope to be able to count upon skipper Faf du Plessis for this match but it seems unlikely he will figure after returning from international duty and the same is likely for fellow internationals Markram and Shamsi.
- If they do make any changes for this match, then the most likely area to see rotations is the bowling unit with Fortuin and Mungroo both proving to be expensive against the Spartans but there is every chance that they will be unchanged for this game.
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Dane Vilas
- The Jozi Stars struggled badly in their opening match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants as they lost by five wickets with two overs to spare as they could only muster 124/7 on what was a relatively difficult Wanderers’ pitch.
- Similar to Paarl Rocks’ international players, they have an outside hope that skipper Kagiso Rabada and Reeza Hendricks will be available after returning from Australia with the national team but it is seemingly unlikely.
- They are however impacted by the absence of Chris Gayle who has already departed for the UAE T10 tournament which starts on Wednesday after just one appearance for the club so that leaves them weakened even further especially if their internationals are not available.
Both of these teams lost their opening matches but it is the Paarl Rocks who had far more reason to be optimistic. They are loaded with quality in their batting line-up specifically and should have far too much firepower for a weakened Jozi Stars’ outfit. Even without their international players, they are laden with quality and they should be able to score heavily which the Stars will not be able to match.