AT A GLANCE
When? Friday 23rd
November, 17:00 (UK)
Where? St George's Oval
Weather? 15-17c with cloud but no rain expected
What channel is it on? Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat will not be broadcast live on UK television
Where can I stream the match? Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Durban Heat will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
NELSON MANDELA BAY GIANTS
Coach: Eric Simons
Captain: Imran Tahir
- The Bay Giants were beaten by Cape Town Blitz last time out so they have won one and lost one of their opening two matches and they will be keen to kick on now and try to put a run of results together.
- There were plenty of positive signs even in defeat as Kuhn came in and hit a half century, while Chris Morris and Imran Tahir impressed with the ball, so they will be confident that the results will come after losing in a rain affected match on Wednesday.
- The bowling unit is looking relatively strong right now but they do need more of their batsmen to contribute as other than Duckett and Kuhn, they have been relatively disappointing so far.
Coach: Grant Morgan
Captain: Hashim Amla
- Durban Heat bounced back from their opening loss to beat the Tshwane Spartans on Wednesday in a rain affected match and that win will give them plenty of confidence as they overcame a couple of difficult moments to win.
- One of the strengths of the team is the various bowling options they have to change their approach if needed and that has worked well so far but they have a strong bowling unit already so that promises to be a big strength for them.
- The team that started against the Spartans could well be unchanged here as their batsmen virtually all contributed, and it was a solid performance all round as they look to build on that opening win.
These two teams are pretty well matched as they both have strong bowling units, but they have plenty of quality in their batting line-ups to produce big scores. This will be the first game in Port Elizabeth so it will be interesting to see what kind of pitch they have produced. In terms of form, both bowling attacks are playing relatively well but Durban Heat have the edge in batting as more of their batsmen are contributing while the same cannot be said for enough of the Bay Giants’ order. Marginal preference goes to Durban Heat but this will be a tight affair.