AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 11th
December, 17:00 (UK)
Where? New Wanderers Stadium
Weather? 22-24c with sunshine and clear skies all day
What channel is it on? Jozi Stars vs Tshwane Spartans will be broadcast live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Jozi Stars vs Tshwane Spartans will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
Tshwane Spartans beat Jozi Stars by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Dane Vilas
- The Jozi Stars were beaten by Paarl Rocks last time out as their 170/6 total batting first was surpassed with just three balls to spare but they will not be disheartened by that though they will want to go into the knockout phase with some momentum and a win behind them.
- They will have to do without Chris Gayle however whose unsuccessful spell has come to an end as he has returned home to attend the funeral of his mother, and in truth, the universe boss has struggled in recent times with a lot going on in his personal life.
- Ryan Rickelton will return to the side and that is a boost as he has been in good form and should benefit from being rested against the Spartans so he replaces Gayle and despite not having the same global appeal and reputation, Rickelton is the one in form so that is a boost.
Coach: Mark Boucher
Captain: AB de Villiers
- The Tshwane Spartans have kept their hopes of a play-off place alive by winning their last two matches against Jozi Stars and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants, but they have to pick up another win here as they bid for third place.
- Gihahn Cloete was to thank last time out for his 65 runs which was the foundation of their solid innings of 165/4 but Elgar, Morgan and De Villiers are all showing ominous signs of finding form at just the right time in this tournament.
- Von Berg impressed with the ball in that game as he returned to the side and his 3/19 will likely see him keep his place in what is an impressive bowling attack along with the in-form Mendis and Sipamla.
All the urgency and motivation coming into match is with the Tshwane Spartans and they need to keep winning to have any chance of reaching the Eliminator. Their bowling unit has been one of the best in the tournament and their batting is potent when it is firing. With Eoin Morgan finding some form since arriving, that has only bolstered them so they are extremely strong right now. The Jozi Stars have eased off the gas a little since qualifying but they will be keen to bounce back here. Whether they can just switch it back on remains to be seen, but they will have to be at their best to stop this Spartans side.