AT A GLANCE
When? Sunday 9th
December, 09:00 (UK)
Where? New Wanderers Stadium
Weather? 22-23c with cloud and a small chance of rain
What channel is it on? Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks will be broadcast live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
Jozi Stars beat Paarl Rocks by 60 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Dane Vilas
- The Jozi Stars achieved what seemed virtually impossible by hitting 14 from their final two balls against Durban Heat to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and seal their place in the knockout phase of the tournament.
- Pongolo’s two sixes from no-balls rescued them chasing 129 for the win which they struggled badly to overcome and that that was a rare poor performance by their batting line-up after an excellent tournament to date.
- Despite the win, they may decide to bring Pite van Biljon back into the side to add some more depth to their batting line-up but the likelihood is that they will go unchanged for this match against the Rocks who they beat comfortably by 60 runs last time out.
Coach: Adrian Birrell
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- There is no margin for error for the Paarl Rocks who simply have to win to have any chance of reaching the knockout phase and they have not been producing when under pressure having lost their last two matches in disappointing fashion.
- The batting line-up has been particularly poor having scored just 121 and 144/9 in the last two matches so their star-studded batting unit is under pressure to raise their game with only skipper Faf du Plessis the only player to have shown any real form in those games.
- Henry Davids continues to struggle with a hamstring problem but they will be desperately hoping they can count on the veteran here to add some experience and solidity to their fragile line-up.
All the pressure is on the Paarl Rocks who simply have to win this game or face elimination. They have not lived up to expectations and it has been their batting which has let them down with some of their T20 specialists just not performing. They have plenty of quality in their ranks and they could fire at any time but it is difficult to have any real confidence after their last two performances. The Jozi Stars have been one of the best teams in recent matches with their batting being particularly impressive. They may just relax a touch now after qualifying for the knockouts already which could hand an opportunity for the Rocks to get their win, but they will struggle unless their batsmen finally produce the goods.