AT A GLANCE
When? Tuesday 4th
December, 17:00 (UK)
Where? Newlands Cricket Ground
Weather? 16-18c with cloud but rain unlikely
What channel is it on? Cape Town Blitz vs Jozi Stars will be shown live on FreeSports
Where can I stream the match? Cape Town Blitz vs Jozi Stars will not be streamed live on UK television
Are tickets still available? https://www.ticketpros.co.za/portal/web/index.php/event/c7301e18-4719-4019-105d-5b84e704db0a
THE TEAM NEWS
CAPE TOWN BLITZ
Coach: Ashwell Prince
Captain: Farhaan Behardien
- The Blitz got back to winning ways on Saturday as they dominated the Tshwane Spartans by 60 runs and that was largely thanks to a stunning batting display by skipper Quinton de Kock who smashed a 108 from just 55 balls at a strike rate of 196.4.
- They are clearly a team flying with confidence at the moment and despite losing fast bowler Anrich Nortje to injury, Nandre Burger came in against the Spartans and took three wickets for just 19 runs to suggest he could step up in Nortje’s absence.
- The reliance on Janneman Malan and De Kock in terms of batting will be a concern as they contributed 142 of the 172 runs scored against the Spartans and the likes of Dawid Malan, Farhaan Behardien and Asif Ali need to raise their game.
Coach: Enoch Nkwe
Captain: Dane Vilas
- The Jozi Stars are arguably the form team in the tournament at the moment and they are coming off the biggest win in MSL 2018 having trounced the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants by a stunning 81 runs on Sunday.
- Reeza Hendricks scored a second consecutive hundred in that match as the batting order is on fire right now and he especially has reinvigorated the side since coming back from international duty having scored 267 runs in just four innings, and he will have a new opening partner with Chris Gayle returning after playing in the T10 Cricket League.
- Their bowling was just as impressive in that match as they bowled the Bay Giants out for just 92 and with Rabada in good form, they now have five bowlers who are averaging 8.09 or less which is impressive and shows their all-round depth.
Although this is first versus third, these are the two form teams in the tournament and this promises to be an excellent match. The Jozi Stars have been in stunning form of late with the bat especially as Reeza Hendricks is on fire and that line-up is only bolstered by the returning Chris Gayle who is back after T10 action in the UAE. The Cape Town Blitz will be keen to put their stamp on the tournament with a win and prove they are the top team, but their reliance on De Kock and Janneman Malan is concerning. Despite being in third, the Stars just about have the edge in quality and form.