AT A GLANCE
Where is Fakel Novy Urengoy vs Trentino Volley Brest taking place? Czestochowa, Poland
When is Fakel Novy Urengoy vs Trentino Volley and what time does it start? Saturday 1st December, 19:30 (UK)
What channel is Fakel Novy Urengoy vs Trentino Volley on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Fakel Novy Urengoy vs Trentino Volley? This match can be streamed with a subscription to Volleyball TV
Where can I get tickets for Fakel Novy Urengoy vs Trentino Volley? https://www.ebilet.pl/en/sport/sporty-druzynowe/siatkowka/
FAKEL NOVY URENGOY
- Fakel Novy Urengoy advanced to the second stage of this year's FIVB Men's Club World Championship in their debut season, despite losing to Cucine Lube Civitanova 3-0 in their last game, meaning they finished second in Pool A.
- Founded in 1996, the club joined Russia's Superleague in 2004, and in 2007 they claimed their first international title, winning the European Challenge Cup before picking up their second title in 2017.
- The two leading points scorers at the tournament play at Fakel as Egor Kliuka has scored 52 while Artur Udrys has 49 with teammate Dmitry Volkov sharing third place with Evandro Guerra from Sada Cruzeiro with 47 points.
- Trentino Volley advanced to the semi-finals for a record-breaking seventh time after finishing on top of Pool B, and last time out they comfortably beat second-placed Asseco Resovia 3-0.
- With four world titles to their name - consecutively from 2009 to 2012 - they are easily the most decorated team in tournament history but in both 2013 and 2016 they were eliminated in the semi-finals, both times by Russian sides.
- Trentino have the best setter (Simone Giannelli), best digger (Jenia Grebennikov) and best receiver (again Grebennikov) at the 2018 Club World Championship.
Fakel’s rise from creation just over 20 years ago to the semi-finals is quite remarkable. However, in facing Trentino, they come up against probably the powerful team in European Volleyball at the moment. Trentino have won nine of their last ten matches at the Club World Championship, with the only exception a 3-0 defeat against Zenit Kazan in the 2016 semi-finals. In total, Trentino have a winning percentage of 89% in their 36 Club World Championship matches (32 victories, 4 defeats). Therefore, Trentino should be able to advance to their seventh final on Saturday.